Smoked Salmon With Creme Fraiche Sauce on Shallot Toasts
Makes 30 toasts| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 2 cups creme fraiche or sour cream
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 loaves thinly sliced white bread
- 4 shallots, peeled and halved
- 1 side presliced smoked salmon (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 4 lemons, halved and sliced
- Combine the crème fraîche, mustard, dill, and salt. Cover and refrigerate up to 1 day ahead.
- Heat broiler.
- Arrange the bread slices on baking sheets. Toast until lightly browned; turn and toast the other sides.
- Remove from oven and rub 1 side of the toasts with a cut shallot. Cut each slice into 4 triangles. Serve with the salmon, sauce, toasts, and lemon slices.
- Per ServingServing Size: 1 toast
- Calories 63
- Fat 3g
- Sat Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 10mg
- Sodium 177mg
- Protein 3g
- Carbohydrate 6mg
- Sugar 1g
- Fiber 0g
- Iron 0mg
- Calcium 31mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .