- 2cups creme fraiche or sour cream
- 3tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2cup fresh dill, chopped
- 1teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 loaves thinly sliced white bread
- 4 shallots, peeled and halved
- 1 side presliced smoked salmon (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 4 lemons, halved and sliced
- Combine the crème fraîche, mustard, dill, and salt. Cover and refrigerate up to 1 day ahead.
- Heat broiler.
- Arrange the bread slices on baking sheets. Toast until lightly browned; turn and toast the other sides.
- Remove from oven and rub 1 side of the toasts with a cut shallot. Cut each slice into 4 triangles. Serve with the salmon, sauce, toasts, and lemon slices.