- 4 4- to 6-ounce pieces boneless, skin-on striped bass, arctic char, pollock, or mackerel or boneless, skinless catfish
- kosher salt and black pepper
- Prepare the grill.
- Season the fish with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Grill, uncovered, skin-side up (if the skin is on), until golden brown, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Turn and grill until opaque throughout.
Bass: 6 to 8 minutes more
Catfish: 3 to 4 minutes more
Arctic char: 4 to 6 minutes more
Pollock: 3 to 5 minutes more
Mackerel: 3 to 4 minutes more
- Serve with Tomato and Pesto Sauce, Harissa Mayo, Thyme and Orange Marmalade, or Caper-Parsley Tapenade.