- 1pound dried white beans (such as cannellini or great northern)
- 1/2pound andouille sausage links, halved lengthwise and sliced crosswise
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2stalks celery, chopped
- 4sprigs fresh thyme
- 8cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1bunch collard greens, stems discarded and leaves cut into bite-size pieces (about 8 cups)
- 1tablespoon red wine vinegar
- kosher salt and black pepper
- olive oil and bread sticks, for serving
- In a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker, combine the beans, sausage, onion, celery, and thyme. Add the broth and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook until the beans are tender, on low for 7 to 8 hours or on high for 4 to 5 hours (this will shorten total cooking time).
- Twenty minutes before serving, discard the thyme stems, add the collard greens, cover, and cook until the greens are tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Add the vinegar and ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with the olive oil and serve with the bread sticks.