- 2 pounds boneless short ribs, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon chipotles in adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/2 medium head cabbage, thinly sliced (about 8 cups)
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1/2 cups long-grain white rice
- In a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker, combine the short ribs, onion, garlic, tomato paste, chipotles, cumin, ¼ cup water, 1 teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Cover and cook until the short ribs are tender, on low for 7 to 8 hours or on high for 5 to 6 hours (this will shorten total recipe time).
- In a large bowl, toss the cabbage and radishes with the lime juice, oil, sugar, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Refrigerate for up to 12 hours.
- Twenty minutes before serving, cook the rice according to the package directions. Serve the short ribs with the rice and cabbage slaw.