- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 tablespoon chopped thyme
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 4- to 4½-pound boneless pork shoulder roast, tied
- 2 heads garlic, cut in half crosswise
- 2 14.5-ounce cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 8-ounce bunch spinach, stemmed and roughly chopped
- Combine the oil, thyme, red pepper, and 1 teaspoon each salt and black pepper in a small bowl. Rub the mixture all over the pork and place in a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker. Add the garlic and ¼ cup water. Cook on low for 7 to 8 hours or on high for 4 to 5 hours.
- Transfer the pork to a cutting board to rest for 20 minutes. Slice across the grain. Spoon the fat off the cooking liquid. Stir in the beans and spinach until the spinach wilts.
- Serve the pork with the beans, spinach, and the juices.
* Total Time: 4 hours, 40 minutes to 8 hours, 40 minutes