- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2tablespoons tomato paste
- 1teaspoon dried thyme
- 1teaspoon dried oregano
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2pounds boneless pork shoulder or butt, trimmed and cut in half
- 3/4pound fettuccine
- grated Parmesan, for serving
- In a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker, combine the carrot, onion, garlic, tomato paste, thyme, oregano, ¾ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Add the tomatoes (and their juices); add the pork and turn to coat.
- Cover and cook until the pork is very tender, on low for 7 to 8 hours or on high for 5 to 6 hours (this will shorten total recipe time).
- Twenty minutes before serving, cook the fettuccine according to the package directions; drain and return it to the pot. Meanwhile, using 2 forks, shred the pork and mix it into the cooking liquid. Toss the pasta with the ragù and sprinkle with the Parmesan.