Slow-Cooker Orange Chicken With Potatoes
Serves 6| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- Pat the chicken dry with paper towels and season with 1 teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- In the bowl of a slow cooker, combine the chicken, onions, potatoes, squash, garlic, orange, broth, honey, and thyme.
- Set the slow cooker to high and cook, covered, until the vegetables are tender and the chicken is cooked through, about 2½ to 3 hours. Divide the chicken mixture into individual bowls.
- Note: This recipe was tested in a 6-quart slow cooker. Because different models cook at different rates, the cooking time above is presented as a range. Check for doneness at the low end of the range (but not before, as the escaped heat will significantly slow the cooking). If the food is not done, cover and cook to the end of the suggested time range. If using a slow-cooker smaller than 6 quarts, the cooking time may take an additional hour or more, and results may vary.
- Per Serving
- Calories 328Calories From Fat 19%
- Fat 7g
- Sat Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 127mg
- Sodium 479mg
- Carbohydrate 33g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 9g
- Protein 35g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Don't have a slow cooker? Bake in a 325° F oven, covered, until vegetables are tender and chicken is cooked through, about 2 1/2 to 3 hours.