- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 pound large carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- ⅓ cup pitted black olives
- 1 cup whole-wheat couscous
- Fresh cilantro, for serving
- Mix the cumin, coriander, cinnamon, and 1 teaspoon each salt and pepper in a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker. Add the chicken and toss to coat in the spice mixture. Add the tomatoes, carrots, and olives.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 7 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours, until the chicken is tender. Shred the meat and return it to the liquid with the vegetables.
- Ten minutes before serving, prepare the couscous according to the package directions.
- Serve the chicken and vegetables over the couscous, topped with the cilantro.
Total Time: 3 hours, 15 minutes to 7 hours, 15 minutes