- 3 pounds bone-in beef short ribs
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, halved
- 1/2 cup pitted olives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 cup couscous
- Fresh cilantro, for serving
- Combine the short ribs, tomatoes (and their juices), garlic, apricots, olives, ginger, cumin, cinnamon, and 1 teaspoon each salt and pepper in a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook until the beef is tender, on low for 7 to 8 hours or on high for 5 to 6 hours. Skim off and discard most of the fat.
- Ten minutes before serving, cook the couscous according to the package directions.
- Serve the short ribs over the couscous, topped with the cilantro.