- 2 28-ounce cans diced tomatoes, drained
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano, chopped
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1 15-ounce container ricotta
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 8 ounces standard lasagna noodles (not no-boil)
- 1 bunch Swiss chard, tough stems removed and torn into small pieces (7 cups)
- 12 ounces mozzarella, grated
- In a medium bowl, combine the tomatoes, garlic, oregano, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. In another medium bowl, combine the ricotta, parsley, Parmesan, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Spoon 1/3 cup of the tomato mixture into the bowl of a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker. Top with a single layer of noodles, breaking them to fit as necessary. Add half the Swiss chard. Dollop with a third of the ricotta mixture and a third of the remaining tomato mixture. Sprinkle with a third of the mozzarella.
- Add another layer of noodles and repeat with the other ingredients. Finish with a layer of noodles and the remaining ricotta mixture, tomato mixture, and mozzarella.
- Set the slow cooker to low and cook, covered, until the noodles are tender, 3 to 4 hours. Let rest 10 minutes before serving.