Slow-Cooker Creamy Chicken With Biscuits
Serves 6| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 3/4 pound carrots (about 4), cut into 1-inch lengths
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 8)
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 6 (store-bought or Easy Drop Biscuits; see recipe), split
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- In a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker, toss together the carrots, celery, onion, and flour. Place the chicken on top and season with the poultry seasoning, 1 teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Add the wine and broth.
- Cover and cook until the chicken and vegetables are tender, on low for 5 to 6 hours or on high for 2 1⁄2 to 3 hours (this will shorten total cooking time).
- Thirty minutes before serving, prepare the Easy Drop Biscuits (if using).
- Ten minutes before serving, add the peas, cream, and ½ teaspoon salt to the chicken and stir to combine. Cover and cook until heated through, 5 to 10 minutes more.
- To serve, place the bottom halves of the biscuits in shallow bowls, then top with the chicken mixture and the remaining biscuit halves.
- Per ServingServing Size: Includes 1 Easy Drop Biscuit
- Calories 616
- Fat 33g
- Sat Fat 18g
- Cholesterol 146mg
- Sodium 1255mg
- Protein 29g
- Carbohydrate 49g
- Sugar 7g
- Fiber 4g
- Iron 4mg
- Calcium 161mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Poultry seasoning usually contains a mix of dried thyme, sage, marjoram, rosemary, and black pepper. It’s a great way to add flavor to chicken dishes. To make your own, combine equal parts of these herbs and store in a tightly sealed container.