carrots (about 4), cut into 1-inch lengths
celery, thinly sliced
small onion, chopped
boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 8)
kosher salt and black pepper
dry white wine
low-sodium chicken broth
(store-bought or Easy Drop Biscuits; see recipe), split
- In a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker, toss together the carrots, celery, onion, and flour. Place the chicken on top and season with the poultry seasoning, 1 teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Add the wine and broth.
- Cover and cook until the chicken and vegetables are tender, on low for 5 to 6 hours or on high for 2 1⁄2 to 3 hours (this will shorten total cooking time).
- Thirty minutes before serving, prepare the Easy Drop Biscuits (if using).
- Ten minutes before serving, add the peas, cream, and ½ teaspoon salt to the chicken and stir to combine. Cover and cook until heated through, 5 to 10 minutes more.
- To serve, place the bottom halves of the biscuits in shallow bowls, then top with the chicken mixture and the remaining biscuit halves.