- 1 1/2 pounds beef chuck, cut into 2 pieces
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 pound carrots, sliced
- 1/4 small cabbage, sliced (about 6 cups)
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- kosher salt and black pepper
- Combine the beef, broth, carrots, cabbage, onions, wine, tomato paste, flour, thyme, 1½ teaspoons salt, and ½ teaspoon black pepper in a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook until the beef is tender, on low for 7 to 8 hours or on high for 4 to 5 hours.
- Cut the meat into chunks before serving.