Slow-Cooker Caramel Poached Pears
Serves 6| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- In the bowl of the slow cooker, combine the sugar, ginger, and butter.
- Add the pears and gently toss to coat. Arrange the pears cut-side down.
- Set the slow cooker to high and cook, covered, until the pears are tender and easily pierced with the tip of a knife, about 1 to 2 hours. Divide the pears and ice cream among individual bowls and drizzle with the sauce.
- Note: This recipe was tested in a 6-quart slow cooker. Because different models cook at different rates, the cooking time above is presented as a range. Check for doneness at the low end of the range (but not before, as the escaped heat will significantly slow the cooking). If the food is not done, cover and cook to the end of the suggested time range. If using a slow-cooker smaller than 6 quarts, the cooking time may take an additional hour or more, and results may vary.
- Per Serving
- Calories 410Calories From Fat 22%
- Fat 10g
- Sat Fat 6g
- Cholesterol 43mg
- Sodium 25mg
- Carbohydrate 84g
- Fiber 21g
- Sugar 72g
- Protein 2g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Don't have a slow cooker? Bake in a 325° F oven, covered, turning once, until the pears are tender and easily pierced with the tip of a knife, 1 to 2 hours.