Skirt Steak Romesco
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 6 Yukon gold potatoes (about 2 1/2 pounds), cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks (peeled, if desired)
- 1 1/2 pounds skirt steak
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) roasted almonds
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated Parmesan
- 1 12-ounce jar roasted red peppers, drained
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sherry vinegar (or red wine vinegar)
- 1 small bunch watercress
- Heat grill to medium-high. Place the potatoes in a large pot. Add cold water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, season the steak with ½ teaspoon of the salt and ¼ teaspoon of the pepper. Grill until cooked to desired doneness, 3 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare. Let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, pulse the almonds. Add the garlic, Parmesan, red peppers, oil, and vinegar and the remaining salt and pepper. Pulse.
- Drain the potatoes, return them to the pot, add 1 cup of the sauce, and toss.
- Divide the potatoes, steak, and watercress among individual plates. Spoon the remaining sauce over the steak.
- Per Serving
- Calories 864Calories From Fat 53%
- Fat 51g
- Sat Fat 13g
- Cholesterol 102mg
- Sodium 886mg
- Carbohydrate 62g
- Fiber 8g
- Sugar 6g
- Protein 43g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Try spooning rich, earthy romesco sauce over grilled chicken, broiled fish, roasted vegetables, baked potatoes, or fried eggs.