Skillet-Poached Huevos Rancheros
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- In a large skillet, combine the salsa and beans and bring to a simmer.
- Make 4 wells in the bean mixture. Crack each egg into a small bowl and slide it gently into a well. Season with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Cook, covered, over medium heat, 3 to 5 minutes for slightly runny yolks.
- Sprinkle with the scallions and cilantro. Divide among plates and serve with the tortillas and sour cream.
- Per Serving
- Calories 325Calories From Fat 115
- Protein 14g
- Carbohydrate 40g
- Sugar 6g
- Fiber 5g
- Fat 13g
- Sat Fat 6g
- Calcium 115mg
- Iron 3mg
- Sodium 1119mg
- Cholesterol 232mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Add the eggs to the pan just before everyone sits down to the table or they’ll quickly become overcooked.