- 3tablespoons olive oil
- 3 red bell peppers, sliced
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1teaspoon paprika
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 8 large eggs
- 2tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- country bread, for serving
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the bell peppers and onions and cook, stirring often, until beginning to soften, 3 to 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium, cover, and cook, stirring occasionally, until very tender, 6 to 8 minutes more.
- Add the tomatoes (with their juices), paprika, and ½ teaspoon each salt and black pepper to the skillet. Cover and simmer until the liquid has thickened slightly, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Using a spoon, make 8 shallow wells in the vegetables and crack an egg into each. Season with ¼ teaspoon each salt and black pepper, cover, and cook over medium heat until the egg whites are set, 2 to 3 minutes. Sprinkle with the parsley and serve with the bread.