(1 1/2 pints) grape or cherry tomatoes
kosher salt and black pepper
small onion, finely chopped
dry white wine
low-sodium vegetable or chicken broth
fresh thyme leaves
- Heat oven to 350° F. Place the tomatoes in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with the oil and season with ½ teaspoon salt.
- Roast until softened, about 35 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the rice and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes. Add the wine and cook, stirring frequently, until the liquid is absorbed.
- Add the broth ½ cup at a time, stirring occasionally and waiting until it’s absorbed before adding more. It should take about 30 minutes for all of it to be absorbed.
- Remove from heat and stir in the Parmesan, ¼ teaspoon pepper, and 1 teaspoon salt. Stir in the tomatoes and thyme. Spoon into individual bowls.