small yellow onion, finely chopped
dry white wine
low-sodium chicken broth
frozen peas, thawed
thinly sliced prosciutto, cut into 1-inch pieces
kosher salt and black pepper
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the rice and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes.
- Add the wine and cook, stirring frequently, until the liquid is absorbed.
- Add the broth ½ cup at a time, stirring occasionally and waiting until it’s absorbed before adding more. It should take about 30 minutes for all of it to be absorbed.
- Remove from heat and stir in the Parmesan, peas, prosciutto, 1 teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Spoon into individual bowls.