Simple Broccoli Rabe
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1 large bunch broccoli rabe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add 1 tablespoon salt.
- Add the broccoli rabe and cook until tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain, squeezing to remove any excess water.
- Transfer to plates, drizzle with the oil, and season with 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Per Serving
- Calories 80Calories From Fat 38%
- Fat 3g
- Sat Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Carbohydrate 8g
- Sodium 530mg
- Protein 6g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 2g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Blanching vegetables locks in flavor, texture, and color, and you don't have to worry about undercooking or overcooking.