- juice from 2 lemons (about 6 tablespoons)
- 1 bay leaf
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 20 large shrimp (about 1 pound), peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 small head Bibb lettuce, outer leaves discarded
- Fill a large pot with 8 cups cold water. Add half the lemon juice, bay leaf, and 2 teaspoons salt. Bring to a boil.
- Add shrimp and cook until bright pink and opaque throughout, 1 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl of ice water to cool. Drain and pat dry. Set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together horseradish, oil, and remaining lemon juice. Season with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Add tomatoes and toss.
- Divide lettuce leaves and shrimp among 4 plates. Spoon salsa on top.