- 1 8-ounce package soba noodles
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 8 cups canola oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups seltzer
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 pound peeled and deveined large shrimp
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 2 scallions, sliced
- Cook the soba noodles according to the package directions; rinse under cold water. In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, lime juice, sugar, and ¼ cup water; set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat until the temperature registers 360° F on a deep-fry thermometer.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, seltzer, and baking soda. In batches, dip the shrimp and broccoli in the batter and fry in the oil until golden, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Serve the shrimp and broccoli on the noodles with the soy-lime dipping sauce. Top with the scallions.