Shrimp With Spiced Cocktail Sauce
Serves 8| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh ginger (from a 1/2-inch piece)
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 pounds cooked peeled and deveined large shrimp
- Heat the oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the shallot, mustard seeds, ginger, garlic, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the shallot is soft, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste and cumin to the saucepan and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the sugar and ½ cup water and stir to combine. Transfer to a small bowl and refrigerate until chilled, at least 1 hour. Fold in the cilantro and serve with the shrimp.
- Per Serving
- Calories 115
- Fat 4g
- Sat Fat 1g
- Cholesterol 126mg
- Sodium 212mg
- Protein 15g
- Carbohydrate 4g
- Sugar 2g
- Fiber 1g
- Iron 2mg
- Calcium 33mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
The cocktail sauce can be made up to 2 days in advance; refrigerate, covered. Stir in additional chopped cilantro before serving.