Shrimp With Sausage and Tomatoes
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- Cook the rice according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the sausage and onions and cook, breaking the sausage up with a spoon and stirring the onions occasionally, for 10 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes (and their juices), shrimp, peas, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally, until the shrimp are opaque throughout and the sauce has slightly thickened, 3 to 5 minutes. Serve over the rice.
- Per Serving
- Calories 572Calories From Fat 212
- Fat 24g
- Sat Fat 7g
- Cholesterol 79mg
- Sodium 1,469mg
- Protein 25g
- Carbohydrate 62g
- Sugar 11g
- Fiber 5g
- Iron 5mg
- Calcium 94mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .