- 1cup long-grain white rice
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 1pound Italian sausage links, casings removed
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 28-ounce can diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 20 peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- 1cup frozen peas
- kosher salt and black pepper
- Cook the rice according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the sausage and onions and cook, breaking the sausage up with a spoon and stirring the onions occasionally, for 10 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes (and their juices), shrimp, peas, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally, until the shrimp are opaque throughout and the sauce has slightly thickened, 3 to 5 minutes. Serve over the rice.