- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 1 pound peeled and deveined medium shrimp, chopped
- 1 bunch watercress, torn
- Heat oven to 425° F. Heat the butter in a 5- to 6-quart Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the onion, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and cook until tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Add the wine and cook until syrupy, 6 to 7 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth and rice to the Dutch oven, stir to combine, and bake, covered, until the rice is almost tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Add the shrimp, stir to combine, and cook until opaque, 6 to 7 minutes more. Fold in the watercress before serving.