- 3tablespoons olive oil
- 2 leeks (white and light green parts), cut into half-moons
- 1 fennel bulb, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2cup dry white wine
- 1cup whole milk
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1pound frozen peeled and deveined medium shrimp, thawed
- 1/2cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 8-ounce sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- Heat oven to 400º F.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook the leeks and fennel, stirring occasionally, until soft, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add the flour and cook for 1 minute, stirring (do not let it darken).
- Stir in the wine, milk, 1 ¼ teaspoons salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Simmer until thickened, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the shrimp and parsley.
- Transfer the mixture to a shallow 2-quart baking dish. Lay the pastry on top, trimming to fit, and cut vents in the top.
- Bake until the shrimp mixture is bubbling and the pastry is golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes.