Shrimp and Pineapple Tacos With Black Bean Salad
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 15.5-ounce can black beans, rinsed
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 pound frozen peeled and deveined large shrimp, thawed
- 1/2 medium pineapple—peeled, cored, and cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks (about 4 cups)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 6-inch corn tortillas, warmed
- cut-up avocado, salsa verde, cilantro, and hot sauce, for serving
- Soak 8 small wooden skewers in water for at least 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the beans, scallions, lime juice, 2 tablespoons of the oil, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and black pepper.
- Heat broiler. Thread the shrimp and pineapple onto the skewers and place on a foil-lined large broilerproof baking sheet. Rub with the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil and season with the cumin, cayenne, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper.
- Broil the skewers until the shrimp are opaque throughout, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Serve with the tortillas, avocado, salsa verde, cilantro, and hot sauce and the bean salad.
- Per Serving
- Calories 402
- Fat 16g
- Sat Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 168mg
- Sodium 730mg
- Protein 25g
- Carbohydrate 42g
- Sugar 7g
- Fiber 8g
- Iron 5mg
- Calcium 113mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
The enzymes from the pineapple will start to cook the shrimp on contact, so for best results, assemble the kebabs just before cooking.