Shrimp and Pasta Puttanesca
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 pound dry linguine
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound peeled and deveined large shrimp (fresh or frozen)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons capers, roughly chopped
- 3/4 cup kalamata olives, pitted and roughly chopped
- 2 anchovy fillets, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 26- to 32-ounce jar marinara sauce
- Cook the linguine according to the package directions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Season the shrimp with the pepper and cook until they begin to turn pink, about 2 minutes.
- Turn the shrimp, add the capers, olives, and anchovies (if desired), and cook for 2 minutes more.
- Add the marinara sauce and cook until heated through, about 4 minutes.
- Divide the pasta among bowls and spoon the shrimp and puttanesca sauce over the top.
- Per Serving
- Calories 712Calories From Fat 23%
- Fat 18g
- Sat Fat 3g
- Cholesterol 232mg
- Sodium 1,661mg
- Carbohydrate 96g
- Fiber 7g
- Sugar 8g
- Protein 42g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
For a variation on this recipe, serve the shrimp over instant polenta, which cooks up in less than 5 minutes, rather than pasta.