peeled and deveined large shrimp (fresh or frozen)
capers, roughly chopped
kalamata olives, pitted and roughly chopped
anchovy fillets, finely chopped (optional)
26- to 32-ounce jar marinara sauce
- Cook the linguine according to the package directions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Season the shrimp with the pepper and cook until they begin to turn pink, about 2 minutes.
- Turn the shrimp, add the capers, olives, and anchovies (if desired), and cook for 2 minutes more.
- Add the marinara sauce and cook until heated through, about 4 minutes.
- Divide the pasta among bowls and spoon the shrimp and puttanesca sauce over the top.