Shrimp Lo Mein
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 8 ounces lo mein noodles
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 pound peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- 1/2 pound snow peas, trimmed
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced, white and green parts separated
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- kosher salt
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce (found in the Asian aisle of most supermarkets)
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- crushed red pepper, for serving
- Cook the noodles according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add the shrimp, snow peas, scallion whites, garlic, and ½ teaspoon salt. Cook, tossing occasionally, until the shrimp are cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the oyster sauce, vinegar, soy sauce, and ¼ cup water; cook, tossing, until thickened, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the noodles and toss to combine. Serve sprinkled with the red pepper and scallion greens.
- Per Serving
- Calories 370
- Fat 9g
- Sat Fat 1g
- Cholesterol 172mg
- Sodium 1,142mg
- Protein 31g
- Carbohydrate 39g
- Sugar 4g
- Fiber 3g
- Iron 6mg
- Calcium 113mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
This dish is a great way to use up leftovers. In place of the shrimp, try cooked sliced steak, pork, or shredded rotisserie chicken. Add the meat to the pan along with the oyster sauce and cook just until heated through.