Linguine With Shrimp, Artichokes, and Crispy Bread Crumbs
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 3/4 pound linguine
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 pound peeled and deveined large shrimp
- 12 ounces marinated artichoke hearts, drained and halved (1 1/2 cups)
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Reserve ½ cup of the cooking water; drain the pasta and return it to the pot.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the bread crumbs and ¼ teaspoon each salt and black pepper and cook, stirring, until golden brown, 2 to 4 minutes. Mix in the parsley and transfer to a plate. Wipe out the skillet.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in the skillet over medium-high heat. Season the shrimp with ¼ teaspoon each salt and black pepper and cook, tossing frequently, until opaque throughout, 4 to 6 minutes. Add the artichoke hearts and crushed red pepper and cook, tossing, until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the shrimp mixture and reserved cooking water to the pasta and cook over medium heat, tossing, until slightly thickened, 1 to 2 minutes. Serve the pasta sprinkled with the bread crumb mixture.
- Per Serving
- Calories 599
- Fat 16g
- Sat Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 172mg
- Sodium 636mg
- Protein 37g
- Carbohydrate 77g
- Sugar 4g
- Fiber 5g
- Iron 6mg
- Calcium 78mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
For an easy shortcut, omit the sautéed panko bread crumbs and sprinkle the pasta with crushed store-bought croutons instead.