Shrimp, Leek, and Spinach Pasta
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 3/4 pound gemelli, fusilli, or other short pasta
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 leeks (white and light green parts only), halved lengthwise then crosswise
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 pound peeled and deveined medium shrimp (raw)
- • finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 10 ounces baby spinach (about 12 cups)
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions; drain and return it to the pot.
- Meanwhile, heat the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the leeks, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until the leeks have softened, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and lemon zest and cook, tossing frequently, until the shrimp is opaque throughout, 4 to 5 minutes more.
- Add the cream and ½ teaspoon salt to the pasta in the pot and cook over medium heat, stirring, until slightly thickened, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the shrimp mixture and the spinach and toss to combine.
- Per Serving
- Calories 691
- Fat 26g
- Sat Fat 15g
- Cholesterol 249mg
- Sodium 791mg
- Protein 38g
- Carbohydrate 80g
- Sugar 5g
- Fiber 7g
- Iron 9mg
- Calcium 184mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .