- kosher salt
- 3/4 pound peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- 1/2 English cucumber, sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 slices pumpernickel bread, toasted
- 1 cup hummus
- vegetable chips, for serving (optional)
- In a large saucepan of salted water, bring the shrimp to a boil and cook until opaque, 2 to 3 minutes; drain.
- Halve the shrimp lengthwise and place in a large bowl. Add the cucumber and toss with the lemon juice and oil.
- Dividing evenly, top the bread with the hummus and the shrimp mixture. Serve with chips, if desired.