Shrimp Cakes With Carrot Slaw
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 6 medium radishes, grated
- 4 large carrots, grated
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro sprigs
- tortilla chips (optional)
- Combine the lemon juice, cumin, 2 tablespoons of the oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper in a large bowl.
- Add the radishes and carrots and toss to combine. Set aside.
- Pulse the shrimp in a food processor until coarsely chopped. Add the jalapeño, zest, ¾ teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper. Pulse to combine.
- Place the flour in a shallow bowl. Shape the shrimp mixture into 8 patties and dredge in the flour, tapping off the excess.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook the patties until golden brown and cooked through, about 2 minutes per side.
- Divide the shrimp cakes among individual plates and serve with the carrot slaw, cilantro, and tortilla chips, if desired.
- Per Serving
- Calories 336Calories From Fat 35%
- Protein 36g
- Carbohydrate 16g
- Sugar 4g
- Fiber 3g
- Fat 13g
- Sat Fat 2g
- Sodium 906mg
- Cholesterol 259mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
The patties can be refrigerated for up to 1 day (or frozen for up to 2 months and thawed in the refrigerator). Dredge in flour just before cooking.