Ngoc Minh Ngo
fresh lemon juice
kosher salt and black pepper
medium radishes, grated
large carrots, grated
large shrimp, peeled and deveined
jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
grated orange zest
fresh cilantro sprigs
tortilla chips (optional)
- Combine the lemon juice, cumin, 2 tablespoons of the oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper in a large bowl.
- Add the radishes and carrots and toss to combine. Set aside.
- Pulse the shrimp in a food processor until coarsely chopped. Add the jalapeño, zest, ¾ teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper. Pulse to combine.
- Place the flour in a shallow bowl. Shape the shrimp mixture into 8 patties and dredge in the flour, tapping off the excess.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook the patties until golden brown and cooked through, about 2 minutes per side.
- Divide the shrimp cakes among individual plates and serve with the carrot slaw, cilantro, and tortilla chips, if desired.