Mexican Grilled Shrimp Caesar Salad
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1/4 cup pepitas (hulled pumpkin seeds)
- 1 1/2 pounds peeled and deveined large shrimp
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 jalapeño pepper, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small head romaine lettuce, leaves torn (6 cups)
- 1/2 small jicama or 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled Cotija, queso fresco, or Feta (2 ounces)
- Heat oven to 350° F. Spread the pepitas on a rimmed baking sheet and toast in oven, tossing once, until fragrant, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Heat grill to medium-high. In a medium bowl, toss the shrimp with the cayenne, 1 tablespoon of the oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper. Grill until opaque throughout, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- In a large bowl, combine the vinegar, Worcestershire, jalapeño, garlic, the remaining 4 tablespoons of oil, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and black pepper. Add the lettuce, jicama, onion, pepitas, and shrimp and toss to combine. Sprinkle with the Cotija.
- Per Serving
- Calories 502
- Fat 29g
- Sat Fat 6g
- Cholesterol 269mg
- Sodium 681mg
- Protein 45g
- Carbohydrate 17g
- Sugar 3g
- Fiber 7g
- Iron 8mg
- Calcium 277mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Real Simple is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit choosemyplate.gov.