leeks (white and light green parts), chopped
fennel bulb, chopped
kosher salt and black pepper
8-ounce bottle clam juice
potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
cooked peeled and deveined medium shrimp
10-ounce package frozen corn
chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
fresh lemon juice
bread, for serving (optional)
- Heat the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the leeks, fennel, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in the flour.
- Add the clam juice, milk, and potatoes and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 12 minutes.
- Stir in the shrimp and corn and cook until the potatoes are tender and the shrimp and corn are heated through, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in the parsley and lemon juice. Serve with the bread (if using).