Shrimp and Corn Chowder With Fennel
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 leeks (white and light green parts), chopped
- 1 fennel bulb, chopped
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 8-ounce bottle clam juice
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 pound potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3/4 pound cooked peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- 1 10-ounce package frozen corn
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- bread, for serving (optional)
- Heat the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the leeks, fennel, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in the flour.
- Add the clam juice, milk, and potatoes and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 12 minutes.
- Stir in the shrimp and corn and cook until the potatoes are tender and the shrimp and corn are heated through, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in the parsley and lemon juice. Serve with the bread (if using).
- Per Serving
- Calories 476Calories From Fat 125
- Protein 33g
- Carbohydrate 57g
- Sugar 13g
- Fiber 7g
- Fat 14g
- Sat Fat 7g
- Calcium 345mg
- Iron 4mg
- Sodium 1009mg
- Cholesterol 207mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .