Shortbread With Oranges and Honey
Serves 8| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, cold and cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour, plus more for the work surface
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 oranges or 8 clementines, peeled and sliced into circles
- 2 pints vanilla ice cream
- 1/3 cup honey, warmed
- In a food processor, or in a large bowl using your fingers, mix the butter, sugar, zest, vanilla, flour, and salt until crumbly. Knead the dough in the bowl until it comes together.
- Place the dough on a large sheet of lightly floured parchment paper and roll it to a thickness of 1/4 inch. Trim the edges to form a large circle. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 300° F. Cut the dough into 16 wedges. Transfer the parchment paper and dough to a baking sheet. Bake until golden, about 45 minutes; let cool.
- Divide the shortbread, oranges, and ice cream among bowls. Drizzle the oranges with the honey.
- Per Serving
- Calories 420Calories From Fat 49%
- Fat 23g
- Sat Fat 15g
- Cholesterol 60mg
- Sodium 150mg
- Carbohydrate 50g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 24g
- Protein 4g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Do-ahead: Refrigerate the dough overnight and bake it early in the day. Or use store-bought shortbread in place of the freshly baked to save time.