- 2 sticks unsalted butter, cold and cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour, plus more for the work surface
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 oranges or 8 clementines, peeled and sliced into circles
- 2 pints vanilla ice cream
- 1/3 cup honey, warmed
- In a food processor, or in a large bowl using your fingers, mix the butter, sugar, zest, vanilla, flour, and salt until crumbly. Knead the dough in the bowl until it comes together.
- Place the dough on a large sheet of lightly floured parchment paper and roll it to a thickness of 1/4 inch. Trim the edges to form a large circle. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 300° F. Cut the dough into 16 wedges. Transfer the parchment paper and dough to a baking sheet. Bake until golden, about 45 minutes; let cool.
- Divide the shortbread, oranges, and ice cream among bowls. Drizzle the oranges with the honey.