- 4 ounces diced pancetta
- 7 ounces shiitake mushroom caps, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 12 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 3 ounces pecorino Romano cheese, grated (about ¾ cup)
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Cook pancetta in a large skillet over medium, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, about 4 minutes. Add shiitakes and garlic; cook, stirring often, until tender, about 6 minutes. Set aside.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions; reserving 3 tablespoons cooking liquid. Meanwhile, whisk together pecorino Romano, egg yolks, and egg in a large serving bowl.
- Add hot spaghetti and reserved cooking liquid; toss until cheese is melted and yolks thicken. Stir in shiitake mixture; garnish with parsley.
Note: The heat from the pasta cooks the eggs, but not thoroughly. It may be advisable for young children, the elderly, and anyone with a compromised immune system to avoid eating this dish.