Sesame-Lime Chicken Salad
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 red chili pepper (such as jalapeño or serrano), sliced
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 small head romaine lettuce, leaves torn into bite-size pieces (about 6 cups)
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 2- to 2 1/2-pound rotisserie chicken, meat shredded (about 4 cups)
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 cup crispy Chinese noodles
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- In a large bowl, whisk together the canola oil, lime juice, sugar, sesame oil, chili, ¾ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper. Add the lettuce, carrots, and chicken and toss to combine.
- Serve the salad sprinkled with the sesame seeds, noodles, and cilantro.
- Per Serving
- Calories 493
- Fat 28g
- Sat Fat 4g
- Cholesterol 122mg
- Sodium 552mg
- Protein 45g
- Carbohydrate 15g
- Sugar 4g
- Fiber 3g
- Iron 6mg
- Calcium 65mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
To extend the shelf life of sesame oil, store it in the refrigerator.