- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 red chili pepper (such as jalapeño or serrano), sliced
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 small head romaine lettuce, leaves torn into bite-size pieces (about 6 cups)
- 2 carrots, grated
- 4 cups shredded chicken (from 1 2 to 2 1/2 pound bird)
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 cup crispy Chinese noodles
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Whisk together the canola oil, lime juice, sugar, sesame oil, chili, ¾ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper in a large bowl.
- Add the lettuce, carrots, and chicken and toss to combine.
- Serve the salad sprinkled with the sesame seeds, noodles, and cilantro.