Sesame Chicken Salad
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 2 small carrots, peeled
- 2 5-ounce bags baby spinach
- 1 small red onion, sliced into thin circles
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- skinless meat from 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1 1-inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- Using a vegetable peeler, shave the carrots into long, thin ribbons over a large bowl. Add the spinach, onion, sesame seeds, and chicken.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the ginger, soy sauce, vinegar, and oil. Pour the dressing over the salad, toss, and serve.
- Per Serving
- Calories 486Calories From Fat 53%
- Calcium 97mg
- Carbohydrate 8g
- Cholesterol 135mg
- Fat 29g
- Fiber 3g
- Iron 4mg
- Protein 48mg
- Sat Fat 6g
- Sodium 695mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Toast sesame seeds in a dry pan over medium heat, shaking the pan constantly, for 1 to 2 minutes. Watch them carefully, as they burn easily.