- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 pound chicken cutlets, cut into ½-inch-wide strips
- 4 ounces fresh shiitake mushrooms, stems removed, sliced
- 2 carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 6 scallions, white and green parts separated, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons white miso
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 8 ounces uncooked wide rice noodles
- 12 ounces baby bok choy, quartered
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- Heat the oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high. Add the chicken and cook until just opaque but not brown, about 3 minutes. Remove and set aside. Add the mushrooms, carrots, ginger, scallion whites, and miso to the pot and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Add the broth and 3 cups water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 15 minutes.
- Add the chicken to the soup and simmer 5 minutes. Add the noodles and bok choy and cook until softened, 3 to 4 minutes. Just before serving, stir in the vinegar and scallion greens.