- 3tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and pepper
- 2 8-ounce packages sliced mushrooms
- 1/2cup shredded Jarlsberg or Swiss cheese
- 1/2cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 1/4pounds skirt steak
- In a large bowl, combine the lemon juice, 3 tablespoons of the oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Add the mushrooms, cheese, and parsley and toss.
- Cut the steak into pieces as necessary to fit in a large skillet. Season with ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Heat the remaining oil in the skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the steak to the desired doneness, 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- Slice the steak and serve with the mushroom salad.