- 1 1/2 pounds sirloin steak, about 1 1/2 inches thick, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 bunch watercress, cleaned
- 2 oranges, peeled, cut into rounds, and seeded
- Place the steak on a large plate and sprinkle with salt and pepper on all sides.
- In a nonstick skillet, over high heat, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil. Add the steak and cook 4 to 5 minutes on each side for medium rare. Remove from pan and cover to keep warm.
- Reduce heat to medium-high and add the onion, tossing occasionally until crisp-tender and lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add the vinegar and cook 2 minutes more.
- In a large bowl, mix the watercress with the orange sections and the remaining 2 tablespoons oil.
- Divide the steak evenly among 4 shallow bowls and top with the glazed onions. Serve with the watercress and orange sections.