Seared Scallops With Snow Peas and Orange
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- Cook the couscous according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 teaspoons of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Pat the scallops dry and season with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Cook until opaque throughout and golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and cover.
- Using a vegetable peeler, remove 4 strips of zest from the orange. Thinly slice them.
- Wipe out the skillet. Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil over medium-high heat. Add the snow peas, orange zest, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Cook, tossing, until the snow peas are just tender, about 2 minutes. Serve with the scallops and couscous.
- Per Serving
- Calories 343
- Fat 7g
- Sat Fat 1g
- Cholesterol 43mg
- Sodium 455mg
- Protein 27g
- Carbohydrate 45g
- Sugar 4g
- Fiber 4g
- Iron 4mg
- Calcium 78mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Shrimp can be used in this dish in place of scallops. Or, since the orange zest complements any green vegetable, try green beans, asparagus, or sugar snap peas (cooking times will vary).