Seared Scallops With Snow Peas and Orange
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- Cook the couscous according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 teaspoons of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Pat the scallops dry and season with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Cook until opaque throughout and golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and cover.
- Using a vegetable peeler, remove 4 strips of zest from the orange. Thinly slice them.
- Wipe out the skillet. Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil over medium-high heat. Add the snow peas, orange zest, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Cook, tossing, until the snow peas are just tender, about 2 minutes. Serve with the scallops and couscous.
- Per Serving
- Calories 343
- Fat 7g
- Sat Fat 1g
- Cholesterol 43mg
- Sodium 455mg
- Protein 27g
- Carbohydrate 45g
- Sugar 4g
- Fiber 4g
- Iron 4mg
- Calcium 78mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .